Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Ironing...

Many know that when Kyle was in Seminary in St. Louis, I did not iron his shirts. For most that would not be a big deal, but with Kyle's shirts we have to hang them up to dry so that they do not shrink and then don't fit. So, Kyle was very much a wrinkle bucket while attending graduate school. I did not want to iron his shirt because I was working full-time, and used that as an excuse to be lazy. In hindsight, I wish that I would have taken the time because those wrinkled shirts really did look bad for a graduate student of his age. Oh well! I tell you all this to say that after Kyle graduated and was working full-time, and I was staying at home I made a deal with him that I would now iron his shirts. So about once a week I get out the ironing board and do some serious starching and ironing. Today was one such day. Jack got up from his nap and came into the room where I was ironing. He climbed up into the bed and said, "Mommy, when I get bigger I am going to iron. When I get bigger I will iron Daddy's shirts for you, so that you do not have to iron. Mommy, when I get bigger I will iron Daddy's shirts." I have never complained about the ironing to Jack, so I thought it was really sweet that he wants to do the work for me. I LOVE my Jackie P!!

1 comment:

granma said...

Being Kyle's mom, I totally understand what Gretchen is saying. It takes a long time for his clothes to dry because you have to take the extra time to prevent them from shrinking even an 1/8th of an inch! I remember having to stretch his jeans while wet to make them long enough. I have never seen Kyle look like a "wrinkle bucket" as I know that my daughter-in-law takes very good care of my son. She is just being hard on herself and I definitely know that she is not "lazy". As for my precious grandbaby Jack..he is a real jewel and I love him more than all of the stars in the sky. Isn't he great???

Love,
mom parker