After two and a half years, Molly's room is almost finished. When we moved into this house, we did quite a bit of painting. I was unable to finish the trim in either of the kids' rooms. I got the first coat on, but then we had the new windows put in and never got around to doing the second "pretty" coat. Also, my beloved Oma made yet another set of curtains for me. I wanted white fabric so that no matter what color the walls were we could use them. Also when we moved into the house Molly was still in the crib so we had the crib skirt which I knew I would change the fabric when she moved into a big bed, so I did not want to embellish the curtains until that was picked out. So...it has been quite a while since all of that change happened, but we have been busy with other projects - and honestly I was done painting trim for a while!
Well, it finally got done this week. My dear friend, Davina, was willing to sew the new fabric onto the curtains. (One of the many reasons why I love having Davina in my neighborhood - she sews for me!) I even covered the buttons and attached them in their place all by myself - the buttons took forever to sew on! Of course (if you know me at all) once all the new paint was done and dry and the curtains were hung back up, I couldn't just put the furniture back in its place - I HAD to rearrange the room. I even rearranged the pictures on the walls. I love the way it is now, and so does Molly. I love the new fabric on the curtains. There is only one project left to do - I was staring at the walls yesterday and decided that I am going to have the kids do some artwork of their own to hang on the walls. I discovered this great panel that I am going to use - hopefully in the next month - so check back for wall updates!