Thursday, January 21, 2010

Purple Scarf...



My mom bought me some beautiful purple sock yarn while she was here over the Christmas holiday. She was going to knit my a scarf, but I got the hankering to do it myself. I had never knitted with small straight needles. Up until this point, I had only knit in the round with big needles. Once I figured out the pattern that I wanted and how wide I wanted, it was an easy and fun scarf to make. I love the color! Now I have a hankering to make a green scarf, then I will have a red, blue, purple, and green scarf - and I think that is enough to match any outfit that I may put together. Now, I am off to finish two blankets I have yarn for - here is to happy knitting in the winter.

2 comments:

granma said...

I love that color! good job...

sojourner said...

Oh, so pretty! Very nice, Gretchen. Did you use all the yarn after all? How about the wool? Is it itching your neck like the alpaca?