Thursday, January 7, 2010

Here's what happens...

...when you wear your silver wedding ring in the natural hot springs!

The family went up to a nearby hot spring on Monday. I was not thinking, and I wore my ring. After we had been sitting there for awhile, I looked down and saw my ring. I am hopeful that it will come clean with some silver polish, but there is a chance it is ruined. The thing that I find most fascinating about it is that the inside is still shiny and normal. I guess there is something to it that it was against my skin. Who knew?!

Just a side note, the kids, of course, had a blast. They loved showing me the ropes since they were experienced hot spring people! It was a good way to end the Christmas holiday before the routine of school started again!

(I will post another picture should I have success in getting it cleaned)

2 comments:

granma said...

Gretchen, get some Tarn-X. I got mine at Walgreens but think it is about everywhere. It took tarnish off of silver that I thought was lost forever. It is pretty strong and only takes just a little bit and works really fast. I just put some in a small 'glass' bowl and it only took just a minute or two.

sojourner said...

WOW! I hope it cleans up nice and sparkly!