Thursday, September 6, 2007

Not so sure about preschool...

Jack decided that he was not so excited about preschool this morning even though he has been wanting to go for a week now. Below are the faces that I got for his first day of preschool picture...



He did not want to wear his backpack, but I was able to talk him into wearing it for a brief moment for the picture. He told me the backpack was for Colorado to carry his toys in, but not for school. Oh well!
I thought we were going to be able to make it through the first day without tears. We got there and went into his room. He started playing with the cars and all was well. Then....I told him it was time for me to go and that I would be back to pick him up in a little while. Well, let the tears roll. He did not want me to leave him all alone - this is what he said. I told him he was not alone, but that were lots of other kids there to play with. Well, I finally just had to leave. There was not going to be any calming him. I did stay just outside the room to hear him calm down. I knew he just needed me to leave and he would be fine and go on with life. Sure enough when I picked him up, his teacher said he did fine and quit crying quickly. Yeah. I think he will learn to love it. Jack is the kid that does not do well with new surroundings, then learns to love them when they are familiar. Aren't we all a little like that?

1 comment:

sojourner said...

Oh, the first days of school. I enjoyed the feelings, and even remember my own with this time of life. What a special time with Molly, Gretchen! You and I had great fun those three years of "mommy and me" that Jason also had before YOU! Cherish these days...they will be 20 before you know it!

And, yes, we are all like Jack when it comes to new places....as adults we wait to cry until arrival at home in our bedrooms!

Mom