Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Apple picking in the rain...

We could have just bought a box of apples at the stand, but I was bound and determined to make the most of our trip out there - I was going to pick some apples! Besides, it was A LOT cheaper to pick my own then by them at the stand. Jack & Molly posing for me where we got some beautiful McIntosh apples!
After it rained, the kids found the puddle to try out their new rainboots.
Jack & his friend, Noah, posing for a raincoat picture.
Molly playing peek-a-boo with the pumpkin.
Jack posing one last time for me to get a picture with the great orange pumpkins.

We enjoyed the time out to the apples. They had free apple cobbler with ice cream, free apple cider, balloons, music, hay rides, hay mazes, face painting, and of course some great produce. It was packed with people. We went with friends. It was a good time, even though it did rain a good amount. I guess we truly are heading toward winter here in the pacific northwest - the rain has arrived. I love it, because you can get some great pictures with great colors!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun!! We're sitting here in Santa Barbara in some sweltering heat these days. The only sign of Fall is Abel's huge pumpkin in the backyard.

granma said...

How fun that looks even though it looks wet. Sure wish I was there to have done that with you all. Now you can send me an apple pie!

Love, granma

sojourner said...

I so enjoy reading your blog and seeing the pictures...gives me a piece of your daily living.

Love 'ya.