Wednesday, March 23, 2011

We do live in Tracktown USA...

This past Saturday the kids and I went to the annual run, jump, throw clinic that the University puts on. The kids each got to run (Jack a 200m, Molly a 100m), jump a long jump, and throw a "javelin" (made of styrofoam). The rain cleared out for us, but it was a bit breezy and cold! I have a ton of pictures from the day, but share the ones below because they made me smile. I might add some more later on, but know that Kyle might not think our kids will run fast but I disagree and think there might be some track stars in our midst!


I want everyone to look really good at Molly's outfit, smile at it, and then smile more because you now know that Kyle was the one to pick it out. Under the lime green running shirt is a long sleeved black Oregon duck t-shirt and then over that is a short sleeved yellow Oregon Rose Bowl shirt. I was quite amazed when I returned home from my run to see our little girl in this outfit. She looked at me and said, "I didn't even cry about my clothes, Mommy!" I did not get a hello or anything .... just that sentence!

I want everyone who sees this picture to recognize just how high she is off the ground.
My girl can jump!!


I think this picture is great because Jack does not really jump more than he does this side leg kick to get over the "hurdle." He does have the arms swinging with him to give him a little extra something something.

Probably one of most favorite pictures of Jack in the last couple of months. He has such determination right here. I especially love the fact that his tongue is out. It makes me think of my dad. Whenever he use to waterski, he would stick out his tongue. Then today as we were leaving the gym, I was watching Jack run in front of me (and he had shorts on!) and there before me where .... the Little calves. Most people think that Jack is a mini-Kyle. Little do they know that he is much like his Pops - he sticks out his tongue when concentrating hard doing a sport and he has the Little calf (which is really code for a really skinny thin calf, one might say a chicken leg - sorry, dad!).

3 comments:

sojourner said...

Love the action shots! And, yes, Jack is carrying the gene that is the Little calf! Wonder who passed this trait along to Fred Little, or if it was just his trait! Somehow, I think not since it appears to be a dominant gene! Fred, Terry, Jason, Jack, and I think one of Jason's girls? Brings a smile to my face!

Little Girls said...

LOVE the jump shots. Great to see the kids. Miss you guys!

Pops said...

Great pictures....I am so glad that you took the time to post these so that I can keep up with you'all.