Wednesday, March 21, 2012

This is our morning...





Molly finally got her long awaited snow this morning! Kyle woke up and got ready for the gym, while I woke up and started ironing his shirt for the day. I turned on the radio to listen to a little news while I ironed and promptly heard that the University of Oregon was on a two hour delay. I pondered ... why would they be delayed? So I walked over to our window, pulled back the curtains, and smiled knowing that the kids would be over the moon to have this much snow AND on a school day. So I guess you probably have figured it out ... we are on a snow day this morning! Kyle is out working hard to save the trees because the snow is so heavy. The kids are happy as can be in make shift snow outfits out in the snow. And I am inside enjoying some classical music while gazing at the snow still coming down. I end with the words that came out of my little one this morning while laying out in the snow ... "mom, this is a great hot chocolate day!"

1 comment:

sojourner said...

Oh, so pretty, but I know the damage that can be done to the shrubs and trees. We had this same kind of snow last spring and this fall and both times we lost many branches. Our city is still sad due to the damage....hope Kyle got it off the rhodies!