Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Stuck in a Rut...

As I was getting ready this morning for the day, I was talking to myself in the mirror. Now for those of you picturing this, it was not out loud, but inside of my head. I was having a conversation about why I have not been into the "blogging" thing lately. Here is what I came up with...I have not really felt like there is anything to say. We seem to be going through the motions of life right now. We have been really really busy, and then there is all of the "household" chores to keep up with. Of course, the kids are funny and keeping us laughing. I have composed many a different blog entries in my mind, but never seem to get around to posting them. Then when I FINALLY get online, the moment is gone and what was so good and witty in my mind is lost to seem dull and something boring that most of you would not really care to read about. I have been trying to not look forward to what life is going to look like when this season of busyness is over, but to grasp that this is what our "normal" looks like now for this season in our life. I am still working on the acceptance of this, but it is looking up.

Now for those of you that might read this and wonder what is up with me, no worries. I am fine, but I have struggled with the amount of wash I have to keep up with, the amount of toys I have to pick up, the amount of crumbs I daily sweep, etc etc. I just keep reminding myself that the kids will grow up way too fast and this season of life will be gone and only a memory - so enjoy it while it is here!

So...here is to happy blogging in the future. I have not given up, but hope to find some inspiring things to write about in the coming months. Maybe with my new found spring fever, I will find exciting things to share with you all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gretchen, I can relate to that feeling. You should see the pile of laundry in my bedroom right now. Last weekend I think I washed every piece of clothing that 5 people own, and it was in the biggest heap on the floor of my room for 4 days. Our cat thought I made a mountainous bed just for her and proclaimed herself queen. Last night, Abel finally helped me finally fold it all, but now I just have 10 piles of folded clothes lining the wall. Our kitchen pipe broke, too, so I have about 4 nights worth of dishes on the counter, and so it goes. On top of that, I have our life group from church coming tonight. I resigned myself to letting them see the real Swanson Acres barnyard tonight.

sojourner said...

Oh, my...are you a bit overwhelmed? Hence the call I had last week about my going to work and you and Jason helping. Hang in there, kiddo....life will pass you by while you are stressing. I will come to some rescue next week for a few days. Love the new blog "look"...great green! I love you, Gretchen. Mom

Anonymous said...

Dito on the blog entries that you compose in your head and then forget by the time you sit at the computer. Sometimes I wish I had a ticker-tape running out of one ear with all my blogging thoughts-then I could post them for all the world to read!