Thursday, July 17, 2008

A day at the zoo with cousins...

All four cousins paitently waiting to leave for the zoo! (I had told them to scream something, but for the life of me I can not remember what it is they are saying in this picture)
Jack and Rynn showing some love and posing for me oh so good! (This might be one of my favorite pictures in a long time. I love to see how they are growing up and becoming friends - enjoying one another's time together)
Molly and I doing a little goat petting. She really did not want to go in, and I had to hold her hand. However once she saw they were not going to do anything to her, she loved petting them.
There is an area at the zoo with farm animals. We got the kids to do this funny thing. I thought they looked oh so cute. We tried to get Molly in the little hole under Eleanor, but that was not working out so well, so...
...we got Molly by herself after the big kids were done and gone! We had a super day at the zoo. It was beautiful weather - it did get a little crowded at the end. The animals were fun to see. Jack and Molly loved seeing the giraffe. We got to see some really cool fruit bats, and spent a long time watching the polar bear swim in the water. We also got some really good family time with Jason, Caroline, and the girls. Jason took the kids on a bike ride to Trader Joe's for some ice cream. Jack, Eleanor, and Rynn turned two jump ropes into a homemade water ski time. Jack ran around with one handle from each jump rope in his hand, while Eleanor and Rynn each had a handle in their hand. I laughed and wished that I could have had that on film for Pops to see. They even came up with it on their own. I am not sure they knew what they were doing, but it sure looked like waterski practice to me!

1 comment:

pops said...

These are fabulous and I appreciate your efforts to share with us