Saturday, April 11, 2009

"Serious Root Beer"...

The other day I went to the grocery store.  I thought I would surprise the family with some root beer as a special treat - we are no longer drinking Pepsi on a regular basis!  When Kyle and I got married he introduced me to the world's best root beer - Henry Weinhard's.  I love root beer.  It is one of the childhood memories I have - my dad and I would drink root beer when it was a hot summer day in Texas.  I LOVE Henry Weinhard's root beer.  I got home, and Kyle was telling the kids about the root beer.  He made a statement to Molly that it was "serious" root beer.  Well, that stuck with her.  Later that day she came up to me and asked for some "serious" root beer!  I was not sure what exactly she was saying, but caught on pretty quickly when I realized and thought about the previous conversation.  Kyle often uses the word "serious" as a descriptive word with the kids.  So every time Molly thinks about root beer, it is "serious" and it makes me smile - hopefully she will keep this as a childhood memory of her own.

2 comments:

granma said...

Yes, Kyle loves that root beer! I thought he would never get off of pepsi, but then I have no right to talk with my dr pepper addiction. I think it is so cute when the kids remember the stories that are being told to them. I can just see Kyle telling the story and Molly asking for "serious" root beer!

kimom said...

Oh for a cold Henry's!!! =) I think it's one of the reasons I gain so much weight in the US! Happy Resurrection Day!