Saturday, September 12, 2009

Blue Orange...




I shipped off my two collages today to part of a show for my high school's 40th anniversary. I used this opportunity to spur me on with my art. I have been wanting to do things, but been real lazy about it. The deadline worked! :) I am fairly happy with the way things turned out. I loved doing them and have ideas to keep it up. I am hopefully going to devote one of the mornings the kids are at school to work more pieces. Through these two, I discovered that I don't have to have a 4 hour block to time to work on it. I can just sit down and work for 30 minutes or so and get things accomplished and not break the creativity.

So...here is to finishing the project, to using really bright colors - especially the orange, hoping that someone in Dallas loves them and wants to buy them, and the future of more to come! Enjoy.

I would enjoy hearing what your reactions are to the pieces at first glance. Let me know.

10 comments:

granma said...

Gretchen, they are great. Good job! My favorites are the bottom 2 pictures, not sure why but at first glance, those are the ones that caught my eye first.

sojourner said...

They are GRAND! I love the way each one came together...and the colors are inviting and fun! I know they will sell! Keep going, Gretchen...you owe me a new one, remember? I am patient to wait those. Are you pleased with the frame? I think they worked well!

Anonymous said...

If I could, I would buy one. Seriously.

Job 77 said...

I love them! They look great!

Caroline Little said...

Can we get in line for one? Those are amazing. I like the one with the most orange. You are REALLY talented. Maybe you could start an art blog kind of like "julie and Julia" and you could blog your process of making your art. I'd love to see the process...

kimom said...

my eyes are feasting on your colors! =) Love them! How do you sew such perfect circles, btw? You go!

Saratogarose said...

I want to put my order in now for Christmas. These are amazing Gretchen. Check out your daughter's picture she took of you on my facebook page....she is showing some of the same artistic talent of her mommy:)

DINAH CLAIRE said...

I REALLY like them Gretchen - those colors are great together and I love the layout. So cool. I want one!

Laura Young said...

Beautiful! Haven't seen one of these in ages. But I remember you working on them at the old apt. I love the color combo of the blue and orange. Good to see Kyle last week, although very sad circumstances. He did a great job.

littledixie said...

Hey Gretchen, I like them. They are very colorful, but not too much. My first thought, besides that you are very talented, is go Gators! You used their colors!!! :)