Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Two views...


Well, I finally finished!! My mom graciously bought me some yarn over Christmas for a new blanket. She picked out the colors, with a little direction from me, and I LOVE it. This is the second blanket in this pattern for our home. After I made the other one, I got to thinking that it would be nice to have another one for people or Kyle. I did not get it done as quickly as I had hoped, but it is done now and I enjoyed last night while sleeping. (It looks great with our colorful quilt in our bedroom!) The two pictures above show the purple in different lights. The purple really is an intense purple, and the chocolate brown compliments it great. Now my next project is the same blanket pattern out of different colors for my sister-in-law! Here is to the blanket machine that I am!

2 comments:

sojourner said...

Oh, so pretty! Love the purple and brown together. Now, you can both be cozy in front of the TV or reading! Are you tired of knitting yet?

littledixie said...

WOW! That is really beautiful, Gretchen!!!! I am trying hard not to covet the blanket. I am glad you love it, and that you got it done before all the sunshine sets in!!!! :O) ~Shana