Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sprinkler time...

Tonight marked the start of the season for sprinkler dancing - aka... young naked children running through the backyard sprinklers.

One might argue that it is not yet warm enough, but it was a glorious day outside. We worked outside most of the day. The kids skipped naps, and were eager to run through the sprinklers. Kyle and I looked at each other, shrugged, and said why not. So...let the wild rumpus begin. They laughed and had a grand time. Underwear also was removed so that the truly naked part could start.

Then, it was on to the outside "shower" time. Kyle "showered" them outside. Molly was the first done, and walked over to me for drying and said "my head, my head...it hurts!" The water was too cold and had given both of them a head freeze. We survived it all and are now enjoying a great family dinner this holiday weekend.

I hope that you too are enjoying time with friends and/or family. And let your smiles come forward as you picture our children running around naked in the backyard - we did!

1 comment:

sojourner said...

I'm smiling and remembering the skinny dipping in our above ground pool....one of your favorite summer activities during the hot Texas summers! Wish we had been there!

I'm thinking next summer should be the first vacation with Pops and Grammy....camping somewhere in Oregon or the Redwoods or Vancouver.