Sunday, July 18, 2010

A little practice makes perfect...


After our day in the mountains, Kyle remembered that he had an old reel and rod that he could give to Jack for some fishing. Jack was the most excited little boy that night, and he most desperately wanted to go out back and practice some casting. I was already heading out the door for a friend's birthday party, but a friend prompted me to take a picture of them before we left.

They are standing on the edge of the river - the bank - and casting into the "Parker"river, which is green.

When I got home, I asked Kyle if they caught any fish. He replied that yes he had caught lots of Mollys and Jacks. They were a little hard to reel into the bank, but he did have a successful fish. I think that Kyle's dream of having kids that will love to fish is coming true! Now he just has to keep up the praying that his wife will follow suit - so far no luck. I will stick to the bank with my book and crazy creek!

1 comment:

sojourner said...

Your back yard looks incredible! Is the front drive out? Pictures, please!