Saturday, September 3, 2011

Just found ...

The only thing missing ... Kyle!

I look at this picture, and these are my thoughts ....
1. people think Molly looks like the spiting image of me, but all I see is Kyle in this picture
2. people think Jack looks just like Kyle, but all I see is me in this picture
3. i guess it really is in the eye of the beholder!
4. i love to look at pictures like these and think about the personalities that one can not get a sense of from the picture. however since I live with these two kids, I can look at this picture and it makes me smile that much more because I have the cherished privilege of knowing their voices, their moods, their joys, their tears, the way they love each other, the way they are growing up, the things they love, the food they hate to eat! so while I LOVE to take pictures to capture a moment, I think that it is the living that I love more. the picture just gives us a way to a memory and make one smile all the more.

(by the way, this picture was taken on mother's day after church by kyle!)

2 comments:

sojourner said...

Sweet picture...and I agree...Molly looks so much like Kyle with many of her expressions and I think Jack looks just like your second grade photos! Except for the mouth and lips.

granma said...

cute picture! shows their personalities..