Friday, September 2, 2011

Today...

I am carless, so what is a girl to do .... spend time in the kitchen.

There is the smell of a blackberry, blueberry, strawberry pie baking in the oven - a new recipe, of course! (pictures to follow!)

There is the smell of a flank steak in yummy spices marinating and waiting to be grilled on a beautiful summer evening!

There is the smell of blackberries boiling on the stove for a first try at canning blackberry jam!

There is the wonderful sounds of two kids happily playing together all over the house on a much needed day at the house.

Want to come over tonight? You are welcome to come...

3 comments:

Little Girls said...

YUM! Wish we could. Would love to be there. Maybe next summer??

granma said...

Everything sounds so good! And I sure wish I could just pop over like I used to...:(

sojourner said...

Oops...missed the invitation. Would have loved to have been there and enjoyed the lovely Oregon evening and the good food and the GREAT company...oh, how I wish you lived closer. I am thinking of all the family meals the year we had together here in Fort Collins. They are treasured memories, and many of those meals included Oma and Opa.