Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Last year's school work...

So today I finally got around to cleaning out the craft area, and I found some of the kids' school work from last year. I guess it is appropriate that I post their work from last year since we are starting a new year a week from today!


Molly wrote this at the end of the year ... "My favorite part in kindergarten is being special person." Molly learned to write phonetically last year, which is a treat to read how they think words are written. Nice handwriting ... don't you think!


This time Molly wrote ... "I went to Dickey Joe's over the weekend and got a hamburger and a cone dipped in a bowl."


Molly wrote ... "On the weekend I got a slushie."


My kids have never really LOVED to color or draw, so imagine my surprise when Jack brought home his art spiral and I laid my eyes on his drawings. Enjoy ...

"Cat in the Hat"


"A gopher and a tennis ball"


"A pigeon"

All of Jack's drawings were based off of books that they had read together in class. They are in reverse order of when they were drawn. I have hope that he might come to LOVE to draw in the years ahead and that his talent is just going to be harbored deep inside of him until he comes across that amazing art teacher that awakens it inside of him and he thinks of himself as an artist! One can dream, can't they!!

3 comments:

sojourner said...

What fun to see their work! I am still waiting for a copy of the ipod drawing!

Pops said...

I think you and Jason experienced that "special" person that turned on the switch and illuminated your love to express yourselves in the form of "art"....makes me smile and be proud.

granma said...

very good Jack and Molly!