Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Two thoughts for today ....

1. The kids were great today! We came home from walking to the grocery store for some last minute items for our church campout this weekend. I had told them when we got home that I needed to do some work to get ready to leave tomorrow so they needed to play somehow. We are going on TWO and A HALF HOURS of continuous happy play together in both of their rooms - they played together and separately. Ahh .... the joys of having a 7 year old and a 5 year old! ( Now, I realize that tomorrow could be filled with fighting and tears, but today was a grand day with "older" children )

2. While packing for thus stated camping trip, I needed to pack a couple of long pants for each kid so that in the morning and at night when it is chilly they are not cold. I started to pack Jack's clothes and proceeded to have him try on EVERY long pant in his drawers with no luck. HE HAS SUCCESSFULLY OUTGROWN ALL OF HIS LONG PANTS THIS SUMMER! At least we have some sweat pants that will work for this last trip. For those lucky enough to have visited with Jack this summer, you will know that his 82 pounds that I went on and on about has been the reason for his pants not growing. ( Good thing we cancelled a end of the summer camping trip with friends - now we get to spend that money on CLOTHES for our children! Ahh ... the joys of parenthood! )

1 comment:

granma said...

they are such good kids...I love all of the pictures! Jack is growing up so fast. And I sure wish I had ONE flower growing..lol