Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Jack, the baseball player ...

I do believe that Jack has been the most excited for baseball season to start than he has for any other sports season to begin. He is on his FIRST baseball team, and LOVING it. I think that it is in part to the fact that along with the fee to sign your kid up one also gets a FULL baseball uniform, which if you know Jack ... he loves himself some sports gear! Last night was the first game, and it was actually quite entertaining to watch. I have come to baseball season with some reluctance because I spent many an hour at the baseball field with my brother and his team. I realized last night that I don't really recall watching much of his games, but I am sure that I did. My real memory is buying a "suicide" drink at the concession stand. For those that don't know what that is ... it is a mixing of ALL of the soda drinks they have behind the counter in one glass. (As an adult that just sounds gross, but evidently for a kid it was quite tasty!) Anyway, Jack got a couple of hits, scored a couple of runs, and had a wonderful time last night. By the way, his team name is .... the Wildcats. He and Kyle were online the other day looking for wildcat emblems that they could print off, and found a wildcat that was exactly like the K-State power cat only in green ... so Grammy and Pops, you were on their minds! Enjoy the pictures that follow, and smile along with me as my son enters yet another sport that he eats, breathes, and dreams about all day long ...



Ps - Last Saturday, Jack had his first ever 2 hour practice in any sport and loved it. He said that he could have gone all day. In fact, he and the coach along with Kyle stayed an additional 40 minutes to bat some more, then he came home and was out in the driveway hitting for another couple of hours. I finally had to look him in the eye and say .... enough baseball for today ... you can practice again another day!

2 comments:

sojourner said...

Wow! Who would have thought this would be a grand adventure for Jack. He has never had any interest in baseball. Of course, WE love that he loves it. How many hours did we all spend at the field over the years? Jason was always fun to watch....I tried to get you to do softball. How about Molly? Think she might try softball?

Unknown said...

Baseball seems like a good fit for him.

And he looks so much older already! I feel like we've been gone forever in a way.