Tuesday, May 15, 2012

New drawings ....

Molly made this drawing the other day in class.  I was a bit surprised at the detail and, well .... everything about it.  Molly has not shown much interest in drawing pictures to date, so when my eyes gazed upon this I almost did not believe that she did it.  She did say that Miss Kasey helped them draw it step by step .... but Molly did it all by herself.  I think the detail of Alabama on the hat is hysterical!  I guess she really does like the rolltide!


Jack brought this drawing home last week.  It is of a castle in Wales.  They have been studying the countries of the world this year.  He explained that they watch a short film about castles, and a man explained to them how to draw a castle.  This is what my son drew  ....  and again I am happy to see that he may have more artistic ability than I originally thought.  

While the kids may not grow up to be famous supported artists, I can dream TODAY that they may develop more of an interest in things other than sports!

1 comment:

sojourner said...

I know how delighted you are! What fun to see both Molly and Jack maturing in their ability to draw! Love them. Frames!