Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Trying for THAT picture...



Long gone are the days when I try to get that ONE picture of our family or with the grandparents.  While I do love the "posed" perfect picture, I have come to really cherish the "messed" up ones more.  They usually have more of a story to them.  They have more life to them.  They have more of the people's personalities to them.  I can look at them and smile bigger because I can relate to the face that I have been given more often than not!  The kids jumped up on the tractor when we first arrived at the orchard.  I, of course, wanted to snap a picture.  Grammy and Pops were more then ready to join in the picture, which I was happy to take.  The first .... Grammy was not "ready" and therefore no smile, but Jack was ready with a smile and his usual eye squint ... especially when it is so very sunny out!  Pops was just loving on Molly and bringing a true smile to her face.  The second ... Jack and Pops were talking about something.  The third ... Pops was kidding with the kids about something and not even paying attention to what I was trying to do.  All in all ... there is not one picture of all of them looking at me, BUT I can recall being there and watching the interaction of my kids with their grandparents on such a wonderful day doing something that will last as a memory, hopefully, for all time.  More priceless than the perfect picture!

1 comment:

sojourner said...

Okay, send these my way! I love each one!