Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Get ready for picture overload...

Today Jackson Miles Parker turns 9 years old.  He is so excited, and so are we.  I always let the kids know the day before that on their birthday I will be doing over time on the picture taking to make sure that I get that "one" picture.  So ... this morning I told Jack to get his shoes on and go outside in front of the azalea.  (A little commentary on the outfit.  We talked last night about what he was going to wear.  If you know Jack, he lives, eats, and breathes for college gear, t-shirts, and gym shorts.  So Kyle and I knew that he would choose something along those lines.  Kyle, being the wonderful husband that he is, tried to get Jack to please me with khaki shorts and a nice shirt.  I appreciated the effort, but wanted the birthday boy to wear what he wanted.  He did choose a shirt that he made sure we knew he had not worn in a long while, and his standard black gym shorts.  The thing that I want you all to notice is that he has TWO bracelets on his wrist ... one yellow and one green.  He is supporting his two favorite college teams with colors on his body, as is usual ... red for the Alabama Rolltide and yellow/green for the Oregon Ducks.  One has to just ponder on his enthusiasm for a moment and realize that God has truly blessed us with an amazing son who loves life fully!)  He did it and below is what I got ...
 Jack in a simple pose saying..."do I really have to have my picture taken"

 Jack and his smile for the camera smile

 Jack showing his school pride with an "O"

 Jack with showing a little 9 year old bravado

Jack with his eyebrows cocked and ready

HAPPY BIRTHDAY my baby boy!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jackie P!

3 comments:

sojourner said...

Great pics! He looks so much older than last year! Got the hair shaved since we talked!!! Happy Birthday, Jackson Miles Parker.

granma said...

love the pictures! he sure is growing up fast...love you more than all the stars in the sky Jack

granma

granma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.