Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The trials of having TWO places...

Yes, we bought our second home. Yes, it needs a lot of work. Yes, we have been working on it night and day. Yes, our children are being a little neglected. Yes, I feel guilty. Yes, I am sure they will not remember this in a year or two. Yes, we are stressed. Yes, we will get through this and get to the other side with a beautiful house that we love.

It has been a bit busy lately. The kids and I have been at the new house a lot. I have been doing a lot of the painting. Taking on the task of painting the trim in the whole house, is a big one - not to mention doing all the walls. We are excited about our actual moving date of next Monday, but it also means that a lot of the projects we have bitten off need to be done. I hope that they do in fact get completed. At least to the point, we can live in it. Kyle is over there right now doing the new counter top in the kitchen.

I have taken many photos, but am too tired to do the posting right now. You will have to check back to see those in a couple of weeks. I have not taken any new pictures of the kids. Basically, our life has revolved around how Kyle and I can work on the house while the other is at home with the kids. This process proves this is one occasion to support living by family - so they can watch the kids while you work and not feel guilty that they are being neglected. However, this lack of routine will also build some character in them and remind me how to take life in little strides.

Bye for tonight.

No comments: