Friday, November 30, 2007

A Thanksgiving feast at preschool...

Jack had his celebration of Thanksgiving at preschool...they made vests, headbands, necklaces, and drums. Jack was okay with his necklace. He really didn't want to wear his headband, but I got him to do it with a little coercing. His drum he loved, but wanted to take the top off of it and use it to carry around his toy cars and trains instead of beating it. And the vest...well let's say it never made it onto his body.
However, Molly was ready to pick up the slack. She donned his vest, and somehow got a drum from a little girl that was not there that day. She walked along with his class in the front and was part of the production (which was another class dressed as the pligrims with a paper boat they held as they walked down the sidewalk to the "indians" until they came together). She loved it and I thought that maybe she should go to preschool and Jack stay home with him in the future.
But I think I just decided that Jack is a lot like me when it comes to public productions and putting yourself out there - we would rather stand back and watch. I saw a lot of me in him that day. I was never into being on stage or performing for others. In fact when I did have to compete for gymnastics meet, there was a time I made myself sick. I do not like people looking at me. It was a fun day at preschool, and we still have the drum to haul cars around in. YEAH!

No comments: