Monday, January 26, 2009

Ahh, the joy of megabloks...

For the last two days, the kids have been self entertained building stuff. Jack has built multiple variations of a landing pad for his star wars ship. He has built many trucks, cars, cranes, guns, and such to keep him playing with Molly and himself. Molly has also built many things. She got out the kinex and made two hands and two feet just like hers - now there was no body of anykind, but she made the appendages! She also has made her own guns.

I love the discovery of old toys that feel like new! Here's to enjoying your own new old toys that you might find in your closet tonight!

3 comments:

DINAH CLAIRE said...

I was just going through the dolls I used to collect when I was little that I'm saving for my kids. I always loved anything my mom had saved from when she was younger (which wasn't much). I wanted to keep my dolls in good condition so the other day I brushed their hair and braided it - removed all the little pieces so when the time comes I can just pull out the box and let them have it without having to deal with them crying over all the things I take away when I catch the kid trying to swallow them.
I figure I should use my free time and strong desire for children to my advantage now - it may be silly but I'll be glad I did it one day.

Brice Young said...

don't you love those moments? it's always so nice when their little imaginations kick into gear!

Brice Young said...

that was me, Laura Young, by the way