Sunday, March 29, 2009

This time of year...

I love this time of year...spring.  I love to watch everything bloom and come back to life.  I find myself consumed at looking at our bulbs that are emerging every time I walk out to the car.  It is so fascinating to me how flowers come to be.  Tonight it is 6:30 and the sun is just now beginning to set.  It is at that fabulous stage in the sky that makes everything look that much more rich in color.  The kids are outside with Kyle while he does a quick mow and trim of the yard - mind you that he cut it just 6 days ago.  Yes, we have enter the stage of needing to mow often already this year!  Kyle loves it, and the kids love to help.  The cherry trees are in full bloom.  The forsythia is also in full bloom.  There are several azaleas beginning to show their brilliance.  Of course, the daffodils are all around.  I could go on, but I am sure that you are bored with my run-down list.  I think the spring is the most amazing to me to watch because it shows God's artistic side so easily.  It is hard for me to look outside and not wonder and want to ask God about his creation.  I think I also love it because there are so many displays of color that leaves me thinking about my own artistic creations - or lack there of or that live only in my head right now!  Maybe next time I post I will have a picture of the beauty we are experiencing here this week.  If you are not seeing signs of spring yet, rest assured it is moving your direction because it is here now! 

1 comment:

granma said...

Gretchen, you give me a great mental picture. I sure wish I could see it!