Thursday, May 14, 2009

Shirley Temple....

A couple of weeks ago, the kids and I went to the library for some new books and movies.  Molly chose a Shirley Temple movie.  I was curious to see if she would like it.  The kids have not seen a lot of real people movies/shows - they are still into animation!  You could choose between watching it in black & white - like it was made - or in color.  We chose the color one, and we were off.  The first time they saw it Molly commented - "this is weird."  We didn't get to finish it that day, so yesterday she asked if she could finish it while I showered.  I said yes.  I came out to catch her in the act of trying to tap dance while Shirley Temple - aka Betsy - was dancing and singing.  It was the cutest thing I could imagine.  The best part was that she did not know that I was watching.  Maybe she will want to take some dance classes so that I can have a picture of her dressed up in a costume in a dance pose picture like the one my mom and dad have of me when I was young!

2 comments:

granma said...

I am so happy that she likes Shirley Temple! My mother named me after her and when I was young, wore my hair just like she did. Maybe that is where the curly hair comes from. (haha) I think she thought it would rub off on me but alas....it didn't. I would love to see a tap dancing Molly. What a cute picture that would make.

sojourner said...

What a great story! Too bad it doesn't include a picture...but, I have one in my mind's eye!