Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Our bikers...

Tonight we watched our children successfully ride their bikes to and from - WITHOUT complaint - our house and dinner at Bene pizza. I feel like we have arrived as a family! :) Last summer, I thought walking to the store with the kids was an accomplishment. This summer it is riding bikes. It was very fun, and I watched in awe as I thought how time flies by. Jack is looking so much older this summer. He is really a big kid now - especially with his summer glow of a tan, which will quickly fade with the coming of Oregon's fall and winter clouds. Molly is also looking and acting quite a bit older this summer. She continues to be the mother hen, but in a really kind way. She really does have the person's best interest in mind. I marvel at the fact that I am a mother to an almost 6 and 4 year old. I can barely remember them as babies, which is a sad fact. However, I am so enjoying this stage even with all the parenting of right, wrong, why, etc, etc we have to be responsible for now instead of feeding and changing dirty diapers.

Here is to the joy of bikes, city paths, and close pizza joint down the road to provide us with a memory we will always have in our family.

2 comments:

granma said...

wish I had a video of that..would be nice to see you all out enjoying the day!

granma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.