Thursday, December 10, 2009

Funny comment...

So I was watching a couple of extra kids this afternoon for my friend, which meant two extra kids at lunch time. The kids are older and use to each other now after having been around each other so much. They play surprisingly well together for most of the time. I made lunch and asked them to come to the table. They were eating away, and this is what I heard while I was at the kitchen sink - and it made me smile and giggle to myself...

J.T. - "So, Jack, what do you think of kindergarten?"

Jack - "It's okay"

J.T. is 3 and a half. I have heard him ask questions like this before to other people. I always find it amusing and wonderful when kids discover how to ask questions that seem like they should be beyond their years but really they aren't. J.T. is very aware of things like this, and that is only one thing that I love about him. I also love Jack's response, because he is one that tires of questions like this even if it is the only that is asked at the time. He does not think about things like this in the abstract. He is in the moment.

Oh the joys of children!

2 comments:

Davina Perret said...

That's my boy.
D

sojourner said...

Don't you love hearing little ones converse! These all have such good verbal skills, and thoughts to go along with those skills. fun, fun, fun!