Saturday, November 6, 2010

Molly's 5th Birthday (at school)...

I brought homemade (yes, I broke the store bought rule) cupcakes for Molly's birthday on Thursday to school. She was so very excited. She was also the special person for the week, so she felt mighty big all week long! The other thing she was excited about was that I was going to come for a little bit of school and stay for snack time. (Now does that tell you something about how much time I spend in the classroom!) I thought this picture was a classic expression for her. I love it!

By the way, the three clips were her idea. I thought it was a bit overkill, but she wore them with pride. She has her own style. I am sure that almost all mothers of girls have let go of the control of hair and clothes knowing that they might not always choose what you would have chosen.

2 comments:

sojourner said...

What a great birthday smile! Pure joy. Love the clips...and yes, overkill! But, just like her mom at this age, I am certain she has her own ideas about dressing and hair! : )

Sarah said...

is she really 5 all ready?! they're growing up so fast! but they are both looking great and I'm loving keeping up with you guys via the blog - Jack is really a mini-Parker and Molly and mini-you! :) love it!