Saturday, November 6, 2010

Molly's 5th Birthday...

Yesterday, we celebrated our little girl turning 5 years old! Kyle and I still can't believe that she is that old. We moved to Eugene when she was 9 months old, and now look at her. Time has really flown by. The other day I was asking Kyle when we started calling her the "bear." He said it was soon after we moved here. While the reason that we call her the "bear" has changed, she is still our little baby bear. We love her. Enjoy the pictures from the day. We wish that loved ones could have been here to help celebrate, but we know that you sent birthday wishes her way from afar!

I made more cupcakes so that she had something to blow her candles out on her actual birthday. I think what I love most about this picture is actually me looking at her with a smile - I know that I am thinking what a precious gift God gave us when he gave us Molly Clark.

Molly is actually smiling and laughing at her brother in this picture. Jack was behind me getting her to smile.

A nice posed plastered smile picture of the kids together. They really did not want to pose for me.

Although Molly does not look happy in this picture, she was quiet thrilled with her birthday gifts. They were perfectly themed, which was not planned, but a great surprise. It was a ballerina themed day. She opened presents, and the leotard, tutu, and ballerina doll did not leave her body ALL day long! Way to go family!

Molly got a new bed from Kyle and I this year. We had to return her other bed to Jason and Caroline when they moved away this last summer, so her mattress and boxspring had been on the floor. (which I liked because there were no dust bunnies to sweep up!) She was surprised and excited with the new bed. Kyle put it together while we were at violin lessons. Way to go dad!

We are delighted to see what Molly's sixth year of life will bring our way. She is quite the little girl and makes us smile with the things she says and does. She makes us cry and wonder what is going on with you - but that is parenting. Keep checking back to see what she will do next.

2 comments:

kimom said...

Happy Birthday to Molly!! I'm with you Gretchen - where does the time go? Anna's right behind her and all about ballet! Beautiful new bed (so does she get to jump on it?) =)

sojourner said...

Molly has the "Howell" smile (which I think is really the Fisher grin!). What sweet pictures. Love the ballet skirt....who sent that? FUN! WIsh we had been there.