Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Dentist...

Today, I went to the dentist. It always feels so good to go and get the tartar and gunk removed from inside of my mouth. Today was a first for me. This was the first time to this doctor. I was a little leary when I first arrived. His office was a bit dated, but clean. They do not make their appointments on a computer, but in an old book handwritten by the receptionist. (The up side to that is that they will never have to worry about the computer crashing and losing all the appointments!) They were running a little late, but came and got me at last. It was a lunch appointment, so the dentist checked me out and (I am assuming) was off to lunch. He said everything looked great. I did not have any gum problems or new cavities, which is a good thing because it had been a little while since I had been to a dentist (that is what you get when you don't have insurance - procrastination). The one curious thing he said that I have not had since I was a kid was...he would like to see me in BRACES! I kindly smiled and thought to myself..."yeah, right. We have two young kids that are going to need braces in the next few years. My teeth can wait for another 20 years!" So, mom and dad...sorry that you wasted your money only to be told that your daughter needs braces again. Also, sorry I did not wear my retainer enough. But as a side note...the dentist did find it odd that my teeth would have moved as much as they did in so short of a time with the fact that I did wear braces. Oh well...here is to slightly crooked teeth.

2 comments:

oma said...

Oh, my! I cannot believe you need braces...how about a retainer? This is Oma's new account, but I am helping and so my comment under her name!

oma said...

I can't believe it - now it is you needing braces - the same thing happened with Susie and Terry - they both had braces and were good about using a retainer - but you know what happened - the same - love your blog.

oma