Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Knitting...

While I was in Colorado, my mom took me to her knit shop. I have just started to knit. My mom taught me last Christmas while they were visiting. I have only made three bags and part of a scarf. I would like to do more, but have found out that knitting is not a cheap hobby. Well, this knit shop is amazing. It is in a little cottage house behind the owners home in the old part of Fort Collins. You walk through a little white gate and down a path through a beautiful backyard. They even have a chicken coop! You walk through the door and there are all these wonderful yarns. There is a little table they use for classes or just sitting to knit and chat with whomever is around. You make your way upstairs and there is even more amazing yarns. The best part about it all is that throughout the store there are these little plates of yummy treats for you to sample with looking for that perfect yarn and/or pattern. It was such a neat place. It just made you want to give up everything that you are doing and knit forever. While we were there, Molly had to go to the bathroom. Well...that is in her own home. You get to wonder through this home to use the bathroom. Also while we were there, there were several streams of ladies coming to knit. There is such a community to knitting. Anyway my point, while there I discovered that I wanted to make a family blanket for us Parkers. There was a beauitful one there. I would love to do it of squares that are all different colors and patterns sewn together to make a big blanket. I asked my mom and Oma how much yarn that would take, and they said a lot. So...I will keep dreaming until I have saved enough money and carved out enough time to make it happen.

Here is the link to the website...check it out... www.mysisterknits.com

1 comment:

sojourner said...

Great description...what pattern? I have some yarn you might use to begin...or then again, you might want a certain type. Wool? Acrylic?