Monday, August 18, 2008

My big boy...

Today was quite a day in the life of Jackson Miles Parker. We went to the doctor for his 5 YEAR CHECK-UP! (Now if you know when his birthday is, you might be doing some calculating in your brain and realize he is not quite 5 years old - which is correct.) We did the check-up early, because you now have to have a hep A shot to enter school. Today, Jack had 5 shots. He would openly tell you that he had 3 in one arm, and 2 in the other arm. He screamed and tried to move out of my arms so as to not get them, but then the nurse started and he stopped crying. I asked if they hurt, and he replied..."no." All of his crying was because he saw the five needles and the anticipation got the best of him. He made it through. He did continue to walk around like his arms were in casts until he woke up from his nap. I am proud of him, but realized that we are that much closer to kindergarten with the advent of school shots. Oh how life flies by!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jack, I am so proud of you. Your daddy doesn't like shots either especially if he sees the needles. I can hardly believe that you are almost 5 years old! Time flies way to fast. Remember that granma loves you and Molly more than all of the stars in the sky...

Anonymous said...

Gretchen, the first time we took Abel in for shots, (for his Immigrant Visa) it took four of us--two nurses plus me and Dale to hold him down. It's still one my worst memories ever as a mom. Sounds like Jack did better than that! I can't believe he's starting kindergarten already. Amy

sojourner said...

Great job, Jack...thinking about the shots is always worse than the actual needle going into the arm...just ask Uncle Jason! He was like Abel when it came to shots...but then, he had a bad experience. You mom was ALWAYS super and did not wince or cry. School starts tomorrow for me...I cannot wait to hear about your new school, big boy. Love you and miss you...Molly and your parents, too!!!

nokomis said...

That's impressive. Sounds like Jack is better with shots than I am.