Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Pictures...

I realized after my trip to Colorado that once you have kids it is very easy to slip into taking pictures of them with family members as much as you can while visiting. It is very easy to forget to include yourself in the pictures, or just take a picture here and there of yourself with family. Afterall before the kids, you were just possibly the focus of the picture with family. However, I have been replaced by my adorable kids. We were lucky to get this picture of me with my Oma and Opa, which I love. I don't remember the last picture I have with them. There are many in my memory, but few real ones. I have to give my mom credit for this picture. She was the one who thought posing us. So here, she proves my point. There were no pictures taken of Oma, Opa, and my mom...just her daughter (the grand-daughter) and the grandparents. Just the picture I would take now that I have children...

2 comments:

sojourner said...

Gretchen, I will write on this last post...or first post of the "bunch"...great words and beautiful sentiments. Thank you for sharing yourself with me and others. I cherish each entry and love the picture of you and Oma and Opa. We didn't take enough! It is too bad Oma did not feel well the week Jason and Caroline were here...hopefully we will have an opportunity to capture the memories soon again. Love 'ya.

granma said...

Gretchen, what a cherished picture and by the way, you look beautiful!

love, shirley