Thursday, September 11, 2008

A change of clothes...

The other night we were putting Jack to bed. He went to the bathroom, brushed his teeth, took the flouride, and got his pajamas on all by himself. He got his usual boxers on for bed. We thought nothing of it. He has taken a liking to wearing only boxers to bed - with no shirt. when it was time for us to go to bed, we went in to do the usual bathroom run with him. What did we find you might ask yourself? We found him curled in a ball in his bed under covers with his hooded sweatshirt that he wears as a jacket outside when it is cool. Now, he not only got up to put that on, but he also had the hood pulled up on his head. He also had socks on now. We asked him if he was cold, and - of course - he said yes. We chuckled at him, but in my mind I was also very proud and reminded that he is growing up and can do things on his own without me having to tell him. He was resourceful! Yeah. (I guess he doesn't need the fan on high anymore this season)

1 comment:

sojourner said...

I can see the whole event...he is so funny! I love that he sleeps in his boxers without a shirt, just like his Pops!