Friday, September 19, 2008

Milestone #1,000,000 passed...

We are oficially out of diapers. Molly has been potty trained since around May, but we have continued to put her in diapers for naps and the night. It was more for me than for her, because 9 1/2 times out of 10 she would be dry for both when she woke up. I am one of those persons who hate to change sheets for pee in the bed, so I was dragging my feet. Well, yesterday I made a comment to Molly that next week we would try having her sleep in her underwear for the night. I had book group last night, so Kyle was putting the kids to bed. When I got home, Kyle informed me that Molly had a meltdown because she wanted to wear the underwear to bed. I had not told Kyle about it so he was unsure. He did it, and she made it through the night. She has beaten her brother, who we still have to wake up for a midnight bathroom run. Way to go, Molly Mae! We are more than thrilled not to have to buy diapers anymore, but it is also one more reminder that we have kids now and not babies...at least I have a ton of pictures to remind me of those adorable babies every now and then.

4 comments:

granma said...

Congratulations Molly! No more diapers! Her little under clothes are so cute. I can just see that look on her face when Kyle tried to put her to bed with a diaper! Like you, I look at all of the baby pictures and can not believe how fast time has gone. Love to you all....

Swanson's Class said...

I think boys have a lot harder time getting through the night. We had to wake up Ciza until he was 11! That wasn't fun for either of us. Are you enjoying any extra free time now that Jack's in school?

jason said...

have fun washing sheets :)

pops said...

Glad to hear my grand daughter is growing up and that it will be easier for her to go camping.