Monday, April 22, 2013

A special Monday treat...

A while back we got some new speakers for our family room.  Kyle has loved them!  A while back we had to get a new DVD player because ours broke, so we got a blu-ray player.  Kyle has loved it because you can stream Pandora on it.  I tell you all this because Kyle has really come to love listening to music ... he has it on all the time.  Now I have always loved music.  I like A LOT of different kinds of music.  Kyle is kind of stuck in the 1970's or the 1950's.  He likes to point out how different we are in our music tastes!  I was reflecting on this the other day, because we don't seem to be moving toward each others likes ... only farther away.  Here is the "Jack moment" (in other words, the silver lining moment!) ... AT LEAST WE BOTH HAVE A LOVE OF MUSIC!!  We both appreciate and love to listen to music and that is what we have in common! 

Over the weekend, I downloaded a new CD.  I really like it.  Below is a video of my new favorite song!  Enjoy listening to it ...


3 comments:

granma said...

glad you both love music. kyle grew up with music all of the time, woke up to it and went to sleep with it. that happened to be in the 70's and of course the 50's would have been played because then it was the oldies :) Jack is a very smart young man!

sojourner said...

I enjoy Mumford and Sons! Was just listening to Babel this morning.....I miss your input into my music as well as Jason's input for bluegrass. Most likely both of you have changed a bit in your tastes since living at home...send your favorites my way when you think about it.

parker said...

Well I hold out hope for Gretchen to embrace the wonder of classic rock...