Friday, April 19, 2013

Last spring at 985 W 18th Avenue ...

I have made it a habit of snapping photos as our plants emerge each spring.  I love to watch spring happen ... I am a bit of dork about it!  It fascinates me to watch something open so gloriously that has been bound so tight all winter.  We have almost every color imaginable in our yard, and it is to my delight.  The other day it was beautiful out, so I grabbed the camera and waited as the sun went in and out of the clouds to snap some great pictures.  I hope you can enjoy them - even from afar and on a computer!

This plant makes me smile because it is the perfect blend of yellow and green 

The bees have come to help sweeten the blueberries, which we will probably miss this year 

 
My very favorite azalea that is in our yard.  It is the most glorious orange and has the most blooms!



Another of my favorites is this fothergilla.  I love the unusual blooms and then in the fall it turns yellow and orange.

The azalea that I look out at from the kitchen window.  It is one of the few shrubs that is left from the original owner ... and it is amazing! 

These spirea were originally planted out back by the addition, but got all leggy and curly because they did not get enough sun and were "reaching" for the light.  I convinced Kyle we needed to move them.  They were perfect for the front yard under the picture window by the front door ... and they LOVE it there.  They are nice and big and straight (see, I know what I am talking about!) 

Oh, our maple.  We planted this tree a couple of falls ago.  It loves it in our yard, and I love to watch it grow.  I am going to miss this maple.  It has great color.

Amazingly there are still more things yet to bloom in our yard that I will be snapping pictures of soon.  I will miss our house, but I think that I will miss our yard the most.  I have really loved taking care of this yard.  I am weird, but I love to go out and get lost in pruning the plants ... I still think there could be a career there for me somewhere ... and I am just cheesy enough to think that it is something that I inherited genetically from my grandparents/dad's side of the family!

Here is to spring!



2 comments:

granma said...

are you going to be able to take some cuttings to plant in a new yard or planters? I hope so, your yard is absolutely beautiful!

sojourner said...

Oh, how I wish I were there to enjoy the colors and glory of your yard. Yes, you will miss your yard; it has been a delight for the whole family. I am certain there will be some delight waiting for you in Spokane! Lots of pretty lakes nearby!