Friday, April 19, 2013

Vegetables ...

Before cooking ...

 After cooking ...

I have finally resolved that I can not wait for my family to decide to like vegetables to eat them myself on a regular basis with dinner.  Now one might think that I would have figured this out long before today, but sometimes I am a little slow to things.  I guess it is just me holding out hope that their palettes will change.  But alas, they have not.  So ... I have started to make roasted vegetables most nights for me.  I make alot and then I have leftovers for the next few days.  I LOVE ROASTED VEGETABLES.  As I sit at the table with my family, one can often hear me saying ... "I don't understand you people!  How can you not like these foods!"  They just shake their heads at me and say ... "Oh, mom!"  The other night I went so far as to say that I was going to out live them all because of the vegetables I eat regularly and with much joy and delight.  (One could say that I am slipping into self righteousness, but I am just holding out that I am being healthy)  So ... I am going to keep on keeping on with my vegetable making and maybe just maybe one night at the table I will hear ... "Mom, can you please scoop me up some of those yummy looking vegetables!"

2 comments:

granma said...

good for you! I love roasted veggies too. You could always do what we did with Jack when he was little and let them dip them into something...hahaha

sojourner said...

Dad and I will always enjoy them with you! AND, we will hope the kiddos learn to enjoy them as well....Kyle? maybe not.