Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A monster...

Tonight as I was putting Molly to bed, I told her to scoot over toward the wall so that she would not fall out of bed. For the second night in a row, she replied..."no mommy, there is a monster over there." Last night, I played it coy and said there was no monster. Tonight, I asked her to show me where the monster was in her eye. She pointed to the wall and said..."right there." I, of course, did not see the monster. So, I said touch the monster. She touched the wall and told me that it was right there. The only thing that I can come up with is that she thinks there is a monster that is in the texture on the wall. She is not so afraid of it that she wants to move the bed or won't go to sleep, but she sure is not going to lay too close to the wall. Funny what kids pick up on...Jack has never even mentioned a monster in his dark room all of these years.

2 comments:

sojourner said...

Maybe it's time to watch "Monsters Inc"...

Laura Young said...

yeah but Riley stil thinks that monsters are real and that they "scare you for funnies" because of that movie.... ha ha! your kids are growing up. we miss you guys!