Monday, August 16, 2010

Jack...

...lost another tooth! Yeah, one step closer to braces and continuing the process of fixing his bite.

As a side note, I had to pull the tooth out because it was bothering him as he was in the midst of a highly competitive watermelon eating contest with some of his buddies. He said that it keep getting caught and "leaning" forward. So I said I would pull it, and just as I was about to give up because it was not coming - it came out! I was horrified, and let him know that this was a HUGE sign of just how much I loved him. I hate teeth, and it gives me the creeps to watch people wiggle their teeth - let alone have to yank one out of their mouths.

The tooth fairy came...but not that night. He kindly reminded me that we needed to put the tooth under his pillow so that he could get his money. I looked bluntly at him, and said that we couldn't because I did not have the money for the tooth fairy to put under the pillow. I told him that we could get some money in the morning, and I would just give it to him. He was satisified and went to bed. The next morning, I went to the atm and handed him the money. So much for forklore in our house!

2 comments:

Caroline Little said...

jason and I laughed out loud at this story. Wish we could have been at the ATM. Hilarious. Great retelling. Thanks for sharing with us!

sojourner said...

Me, too; this is such a Gretchen story about the ATM!