Thursday, January 13, 2011

"Hey Mommy, do you know what?"...

I have heard this phrase A LOT over the last few years. When Jack was younger, he did like to ask questions. He did not really ask the typical "why" but would ask me..."hey mommy, do you know what?" It got to be so bad that I would respond with..."I know a lot of whats, but I don't know if I am going to know your what!" That was my typical response. Well, they still like to preface a statement with that phrase and the last couple of days I have caught myself once again saying the above phrase. It brings a smile to my kids face whenever I see it, and they get a little taste of what they do to me by asking so many wonderful creative questions. So I will leave you with this in your brain...

"I know a lot of whats, but I don't know if I am going to know your what!"

1 comment:

sojourner said...

Such a GRETCHEN response! Love it.....