Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Trip down memory lane...



So I was getting ready for the day today and I got to thinking about my kids.  I am one who loves to look at photo albums, and I have not been able to do this since they are still packed in boxes.  I decided in honor of Jack's birthday I would dig some "first" pictures of them both and post them on the blog.  It amazes me to look back at them on their first day of life outside the womb.  They were little chunks!  

This is Molly.  Can you tell?  I can't!  She weighed in at 10 pounds 1 ounce.  When I look at the first picture ... you know what I think -- look at that long slender body, and she was born with rolls.  I was so worried that she would come out at 5 pounds and I would not know what to do with that little of a baby.  She didn't, and I knew what to do with a baby that had some weight to her.  When I look at the second picture ... you know what I think -- even back then she was sleeping with intensity.  She was a great baby but "bear" became her nickname pretty quick, so when I look back at this picture I think to myself she was intense from the get go!

2 comments:

sojourner said...

I can see Molly in these pictures...and to think I was there for these moments! What a night to treasure. Wish I had been there for all four of the births! Thanks for letting me join in the family moment. Her long arms really show in the first picture!

Davina Perret said...

I was totally thinking "there's a bear in there" before I even read your comments! Love these pictures!