Thursday, April 10, 2008

Jack, the man...


Jack was in dire need of a haircut. So after Molly and I picked him up from school this morning, I ran to the barber to get them haircuts. The usual lady was cutting Jack's hair. She does a good job and Jack is used to having her cut it. Well at the end, she started to put some "product" in his hair. He didn't mind, but I thought it really made him look old. I was thinking to myself...where did my little boy go? I have to say it made him look handsome, but I don't think we are ready to have "product" enter into our daily routine. We have enough years ahead of us with that stuff that I will pull out the strong arm and say no right now! Also as a side note...she used this wax stuff and it made his hair feel disgusting. I still like to mess with his head throughout the day with affection, but with that stuff in it I would not touch it. Of course I made the mistake of making my feelings known to him, and when he went down for a nap he was crying because his hair was going to make his pillowcase dirty. I had to assure him that I would change the pillowcase after the nap and that he would indeed have a bath with a good head washing tonight for bedtime. So...he may look grown-up but really his is still four at heart and emotions!

2 comments:

sojourner said...

Love the look...but too grown up for right now! Stick to your opinion, and keep him a little boy for a while longer. I guarantee they grow up way too fast! And, he is handsome!

Anonymous said...

Jack looks really cute with his haircut. We have constant "hair arguments" around here. Ciza wants an afro, reallllllly baaaaaaad. But, afros have to combed daily, or they look really messy. So, my rule is that he has to comb his hair once a day for a year before I"ll even consider growing his hair. He has yet to break his record of 7 days in a row. So for now, short hair!