Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A day of firsts for the season...

1. lunch outside with the kids (although, it was out front because the sun felt warmer)
2. an hour worth of pulling weeds in the front bed (while the kids ate lunch)
3. driving around thinking that I need to put my sunglasses in the car for such sunny days
4. seeing the first of the purple crocus flowering around town
5. desiring to buy plants for my pots for the year
6. sending out the kids to play out back while I got lunch ready
7. all of us wearing flip flops outside
8. reading out front while the kids nap (soaking in my much needed vitamin D)
9. not having to make a fire because the house really was not that cold (at least for this family)
10. driving around with the windows down a little

I know that it is not quite spring yet, but I am seeing and experiencing enough change that I can feel it in the air. The days are longer and warmer. I am sure that we still have some cold ahead of us, but the change is there - you can just feel it. Oh...also there were a bunch of robins in our backyard the other day searching for worms. They have made it back from the south - another sign.

2 comments:

sojourner said...

I am so jealous...we will not see those changes for at least two months. Spring is so late in Colorado! Your grass is green, too! The birds have been out here, singing in the sunny warmth we have been enjoying. The only problem with the warmth is lack of moisture we so badly need. Send rain our way!

Love the new background! Very cheerful.

Laura Young said...

sounds promising! brice is seeing kyle right now... wish you were here!