Monday, February 23, 2009

Rain...

It is a truly rainy day today. It started yesterday, and has not really stopped. We have had breaks, but after the glorious spring weather we had last week it only serves us right that we are reminded that the rain is not gone for the season yet. I have enjoyed it today. It makes getting house stuff done a little easier when it is not beauitful outside! I watched the weather on the news last night, and we had about 1/2 inch yesterday. I am wondering how much we will get today. I am hoping that it is an inch or maybe even 2 - unlikely. You might be thinking I am crazy to want all that rain, but last night I learned we are 9 and 1/2 inches behind in our rainfall for the new year! People may think we are a rainy state, but we are not proving thus far! I welcome the rain, because that means we will have to water less this summer. So...let it rain, let it pour, but don't let it flood!

3 comments:

Caroline Little said...

I enjoyed it today, too, Gretchen! It was a really peaceful day, and made cooking dinner in the afternoon seem like a treat. Thanks for a great visit. We love you guys and so appreciate you coming up. Oh..and the Playmobil has kept my girls occupied for HOURS. lots of love to you all.
caroline

sojourner said...

I WANT IT TO RAIN IN FORT COLLLINS! Send it our way and quickly!!!

Thanks for the call today, Gretchen...it means more than you know. I should have been calling you with the same message, sweet Daughter of mine!

Sarah said...

gretchen, i'm going private on our blog and don't want to leave you out!! send you email address my way and i'll get you on the list!