Monday, February 23, 2009

Today...

1. i finally glued my eyeshadow brush back together after it being loose for over a year
2. i made the guest bed after a month with the comforter and sheets sitting ontop of it all over it
3. i wash the shower lining because all the mold had finally gotten to me (i discovered the last time i went to buy a new liner that one can wash it in the washing machine and hang it dry and it looks like a brand new one - yeah to me for saving money!)
4. i re-framed two prints that we have had laying around since before christmas time, maybe long (now i just have to get to the store to buy some wire and they can be hung for good)
5. i vacuumed my lampshades, which were horribly covered with dust. i had such satisfaction watching the dust get sucked up into the vacuum. they look new again.
6. i cleaned my bedroom

oh yeah, i also took care of my kids today. i was able to do all this and more because they were perfectly content playing with each other in Molly's room with her new baby bathtub (thanks, granma!) and Jack's new pop-up car toy.

here's to getting things done that don't seem big but let you breathe a sigh of relief and feel a sense of accomplishment! i wonder what i will get done tomorrow...

2 comments:

granma said...

Gretchen, you are a hoot! You made me smile. Thanks for making my day. Love ya, shirley (granma)

Anonymous said...

I never thought of vacuuming my lamp shades. I'm going to do mine tomorrow!