Monday, April 5, 2010

The orthodontist...

Today we visited a second orthodontist for Jack, and are now more confused than ever. We came home, and I immediately called a third orthodontist for yet another appointment. The two we visited were great and we liked them both, however, they were on COMPLETELY different pages as to when to start treatment and how likely the treatment would work. I think that Kyle and I liked the second one better, but of course, he is quite a bit more in price.

So in true parent style (trying to do what is best for your child) we are going to visit another orthodontist and compare what he says before we make the decision.

On a side note - while we were at the orthodontist today, he was more than willing to offer advice on how he could correct my teeth as well as Jack's. He was polite and tactful about it, but I had to laugh to myself at the thought of correcting my teeth while paying for his teeth, and then when we are done with his we will most likely be looking at starting with Molly - when will Kyle get to participate in all the fun!

Here's to teeth - do they really need to be straight and perfect?

2 comments:

DINAH CLAIRE said...

I grew up with naturally straight teeth and was always happy about it, but as I've gotten older I've realized the beauty of the "imperfect" smile. Now as my teeth crowd, just like my mothers did, and I get that tell-tale crooked pair in the front, I appreciate the interest it adds as I think about my daughter looking at my smile, and like I did with my mom, noticing the metal filling way in the back when I laugh big.
On the other hand, without headgear my sister would still look like a bulldog so... ;)

granma said...

I didn't know they needed an orthodontist before they had permanent teeth...when Kyle was young, they wouldn't touch them until he had all of his permanent teeth. Guess times have changed!